Updated: Feb 17, 2019
Men are less likely to seek help for depression, substance abuse, and stressful life events because of social norms that taught them to downplay their symptoms and made them reluctant to talk. If you or a man you love is struggling; here are 5 coping strategies.
1. Spend time with your family and friends - Men with strong social connections are typically more emotionally healthy than those who lack a network of support.
2. Move your body - No matter what type of exercise you enjoy, moving your body can improve mood and reduce stress.
3. Exercise your mind - Research suggests that doing a few puzzles each week helps to clear the mind.
4. Get a good night’s sleep - It is recommended that adults (18 years and older) get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
5. Address your stress - Stress is a part of life, but learning how to cope with it can keep your mental health in check.
I offer FREE confidential 30 minute consultations. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 321.616.7225, send us an email, or Facebook message.